Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A New Blog

Look at me go! Two blogs in 2 days, I didn't know that was possible for myself!
I am just posting to say that I now have another blog to try and keep up. It is my work blog, for donors really. It says the things I am doing with my home based care groups. Feel free to check it, allthough it may not be as exciting as this little piece of wonderful! transcapehomebasedcare.blogspot.com
Life in mdumbi has been rainy, and there for muddy. Mud everywhere! I slipped in the mud the other night and got so dirty! It is impossible to be clean here, it is like constantly camping. Even when you shower you are filthy again as soon as you step outside. I have stopped wearing shoes because there is no point. My feet are so dirty anyway, and I have found that I am actually less likely to slip when barefoot than when I have my sandals on. Not to worry, whenever I actually leave Mdumbi I put shoes on, I am not a complete hobbit.
On thursday I am going to work with one of the caregivers. I am going to go door to door with her as she visits her patients. It should be really interesting to see what she does and how she works. It will also be interesting to see more how people live around here. Their rondavels look so cute on the hills, but I have only actually been inside a few homes. It is quite a reality kick seeing how the people here are living. It is easy to forget that the people all around me have practically nothing, until I step into their homes.

1 comment:

  1. im sure kellie would be proud of your embracing hobbit ways:p sounds like you are having an amazing time nancy! i am quite envious of you, keep blogging, love reading these! miss you!Alex:-)

    ReplyDelete