Hi friends.
I have been staying at Mdumbi for the past 10 days, which has been glorious! A group of Canadians were here for the first few days fo that so it was really cool to be able to see them. They are doing a program called Outtatown which is run by CMU so I knew 2 of them and was able to suprise them because they didn't know I would be here.
I figured out my work dilemna for the most part. I still have days where I freak out a little bit because I don't know what I am doing and I only now have a month and a half of work left. EEEK!! I worry that I won't finish everything that needs to get done.
Part of me staying at Mdumbi is that because it is a backpackers I have to move whenever they need my room for a guest, which is fine, just kind of annoying. I have become very good at living out af a backpack and can now pack and unpack extremely efficiently while still managing to make every place I live in look like a tornado went through it within a day of my staying there! It is a gift I tell you!!
Anyway, to the point! This morning I was packing my stuff to move into another room and 2 friends were helping because we needed to move some furniture out of that room as well and while I was outside Andre calls my name and tells me I have been sharing my room. (Get ready now. Mom, you will need to sit. Maybe even just stop reading.) With a SNAKE! Now I nearly died. Swore a little bit, and then thanked my lucky stars that it wasn't me who found it because if so I actually would have died. Just fallen over and died. Right there. Dead. Ok so in all actual fact, the snake was tiny. (I didn't know this when the swearing was going on) And we found out after a glance through the snake book, that it wasn't even poisonous. But I think that is beside the point. There was a snake in my room. End of story!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good story. Glad the snake was small and not poisonous.
ReplyDeleteCool that you knew 2 people from the Outtatown group.
I am jealous you are living at Mdumbi...
I right now am breathing into a paper bag!!! That is so ...I have no words. Well, glad you lived through it and didn't drop dead and now it is recorded as one of your experiences that you had. As the old song says "I don't like spiders and snakes..."
ReplyDeleteDear Nan, i am sorry this happened because i also share the same feelings about snakes as you do. they are satan. plain and simple, satan! I hope you never share a room with another snake again
ReplyDeletelove erin
OH Dear - I would have had about the same reaction you had! You are a brave girl! Thanks for the tip on the sock darner!
ReplyDelete