This week has been quite slow. I spent the last week at Mdumbi, which by the end of the week started to feel like home. That place is extremely chill. Each person does their own thing and if you aren't very easily entertained it can be very boring for you. Luckily I am in the easily entertained minority so it suits me just fine. We just hung out there all week, always talking about maybe going out, but never actually leaving. Finally on Sunday afternoon we went to Coffee Bay, a small town about 1/2 an hour away. 8 of us piled into one car and went for Pizza and drinks. The pizza place had the most extraordinary view I have ever had the chance to see. You can see the whole town and the ocean and cliffs and it is just stunning! It was soo cool to hang out with and get to know the Mdumbi people in a place that didn't have anything to do with work for any of us.
On tuesday I came back to Canzibe, so life is now back to being somewhat normal. I hope I can get back into working from here, because in the next couple of weeks I have alot that needs to be accomplished.
This weekend the Canzibe people are all going to Hog's Back. Another backpackers inland from here. It will be really good to get to know the Canzibe people as well. I feel right now like I don't really know them at all because I have spent so much time at Mdumbi.
Ok so to clarify. A backpackers is like a hostle. It is a place where University students and other hippy types go on vacation. One really cool trip that alot of students do and I would love to do while I am here is to go all down the Wild Coast (that is the east coast of SA, the area where I live) and stay at a different backpackers each night.
Most backpackers are quite the same. But they all have their own unique features or activities. Most are quite environmentally conscious and there are party places and quieter ones. They are also really cheap to stay at, like $15 a night give or take a few bucks. You can also bring a tent and camp at most backpackers. Most have communal kitchens so you can bring your own food and cook for yourself.
Mdumbi is one of these backpackers, so there are always different guests staying there which makes life interesting. I have been able to meet people from all over SA which is kind of cool.
So there you go, Kellie, and anyone else who was confused by what I meant when I said backpackers. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment