Apparently I am not blogging enough. Sorry about that. I just can't seem to figure out where October has gone! It feels like I have been here for a month when really it is almost 2 by this time. Hectic!
Not much has happened in the last two weeks, things are starting to feel normal. Just trying to figure things out with work and whatnot. There have been alot of meetings but nothing really exciting to report on.
This week I facilitated participatory workshops with 2 of my 3 homebased care groups. The third will be sometime next week. It was terrifying but also really cool to by finally working at things I have only ever studied about in the classroom. They went well I think and from them I can now see that there is alot of work that needs to be done with the homebased care groups, which is something I was struggling with. I also found a woman who speaks english very well in one of the groups and she has agreed to help me work with her group which is such a relief!
The workshops have been a very cool way of getting to know the women in the groups better, and for them to get to know me better. I get asked all the time how old I am and if I am married or have kids. The women are always shocked at how young I am.
Yesterday I went swimming in the ocean for the first time! Before now I have only ever waded in up to my knees. It was cool to think that I was in the ocean and to be able to see the bottom , which after swimming in Lake Winnipeg for all these years, I didn't know was a possibility. I was slightly afraid of sea creatures and the current so I didn't stay in for too long, but it's cool to now be able to say that have. One more thing I can now no longer use in "I have never"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment