It is a beautiful day here in Sunny Tshani village! The sun is shining and there is a light breeze coming off of the sea. It is a perfect beach day, but as it is a work day, I think I will be spending the day painting instead. Lately everyday has been a work day. We are working like crazy trying to get ready for the busy season coming up. Mine starts tomorrow. That is when my first guests of the season come and then we have people until after New Years. It is the rainy season here which means it rains everyday, and this year it has been unseasonably cold. So it is hard to find a day that is good for painting. The painting that I did the other day washed off in the rain that came a couple of hours later. Today the sky looks clear so hopefully the rain stays away so the painting I do today will dry.
This morning I woke up, got a dorm room ready for guests and then handwashed my laundry with the help of my friend Lindile, who after laughing at me trying to wash, showed me how to do it properly. I thought I knew what I was doing, having handwashed small amounts of clothing before. I was wrong, and proved so very quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope that the rain holds off so that you can get some painting done!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are learning some nice womanly traits like washing clothes by hand! :P haha