On Saturday, my friend Madeleine asked if I would like to join her and one of Mdumbi`s guests on a two night trip to the Kraal. A backpackers just down the coast from us at Mpande. At first I was hesitant, thinking that right now wasn`t really an ideal time to leave work, but after thinking about it, talking to the people that I work with, and changing my mind a few times, we left monday morning on a public taxi destined for Mpande.
After a long hot day of being shoved into vans or the back of a pickup with way too many people we arrived, at what I am sure is one of the most beautiful places in the world. The three of us were just overwhelmed by how wonderful everything was and spent the next 2 days relaxing, talking, watching beautiful sunsets, and going to the beach, three times in 2 days! A record for me who sees the beach a lot, but only actually touches sand about once every 2 weeks.
The few days were so refreshing, I was able to get the rest I needed and refuel for another year. I am newly excited to see what this year will bring in my life. I have a lot of big decisions to make, and where these once completely stressed me out, I now feel really good about just letting what is meant to happen, happen and take things as they come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment