So, Tick bite fever. Apparently sometime within the past month I was bit by a tick. A nasty tick, that leaves an aweful illness behind. Basically for about a week, I had a fever, headache, muscle pain, and swollen glands that would all come and go as they pleased throughout the day. Somedays would be worse than others, but usually I would feel fine in the mornings and symptoms would get progressively worse throughout the day, until I couldn't take it anymore and would pop some sort of pain pill. This would kill the headache and break the fever that would leave me a sweaty, but painfree mess for the next little while, then I would sleep and have the weirdest, fever induced dreams. Apparently it can get a lot worse than it was for me. I have heard of people being hospitalized, and Johann threatened death, but I think that is a little extreme! One should take antibiotics when they get tick bite fever, apparently a little doxy clears'er up quite nicely. But I didn't want to strip my body of good bacteria at the same time, so I took the hippy route and didn't take the antibiotics, but I am eating lots of garlic and healthy food, taking it easy and drinking lots of water. Getting sick out here really sucks and one blow to the immune system often leads to a string of other illnesses so I am trying to build up my immune system now again.
After a week of feeling like crap, I am now feeling so much better! So to celebrate I forced Madeleine to take me to coffee bay for lunch and a visit to our friend Kate. Always a good time! The day was lovely and now I am ready to work again. Which is good because I have alot of it!!
Today we are getting in our first Eco-homestead volunteers!! This is very exciting, yet a little nervewracking!! This is our first homestead so everything is an experiment. Hopefully everything goes well and that all the people involved (volunteers, homestead dwellers, and project managers/workers) will be able to go with the flow as inevitable problems arise. This one is important, not only because it is first, but because it is the Headman's homestead. He is the Tribal Authority Head in the area and his house will be a model for all of the other homes we work with. Cross your fingers for us!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment