Thursday, February 23, 2012

Missing Home

Never did I think I would write a blog post about this, but I miss home so much right now! Never in all the time that I have spent in SA, either before or now, have I ever been homesick. Sure I have missed people and it sucked to not be home for Christmas, but generally, the day to day, I never miss home. I love my life here and my work keeps me almost too busy to miss anything.
But lately, wow! I miss everything, everyone. I even found myself missing the cold. That extreme cold that comes in the middle of winter, that hits you like a brick when you get outside, and makes every house feel oh so cozy and warm.

I found out the other day that I have missed the application deadline for all of the midwifery programs in Canada. This means that the soonest I could possibly get into school is January. That changed all of my thinking about what I was going to do after May. Now I have no idea what to do. Also Hyman asked me to take over the accounting for Transcape. This would take a huge load off of his shoulders, allowing him to actually work on the projects that he develops, which he has never been able to do. This would be awesome for Transcape, and really good experience for me, but in order to take the job I have to commit to being here for an extended period of time. Something I don't know if I want to do.
Marteli told me yesterday that I just need to decide how long I want to be here, what I want to do, when I want to settle down, and where I want to settle down. This is all true, but I just HATE decisions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment