Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cut Off

I just spent the weekend at the most glorious beach in the world! Mdumbi Backpackers. If you know someone who has been on OUTTATOWN South Africa, get them to discribe it to you because they come here every year and there is no way that they could forget this place! It is paradise! Without a doubt!
However I can't stay in paradise forever, and on Monday I returned to Canzibe to start work.On Monday I had a meeting with the TransCape HIV/AIDs team and we talked about and planned for the next few months. What an overwhelming meeting that was!! I thought practicums were supposed to be easy!! I am doing things I have only read about and working with people who don't speak the same language as me which adds a whole new challange. I am really excited about the work TransCape has planned though, and it is cool to be part of the beginning stages of something that has the potential to be so influential!
One glitch in my paradise is that my internet is really sketchy here. This is the first time I have had internet since Friday because we ran out of gbs to work with. I don't really know what this all means but they say that I shouldn't be on sites which use up alot of gbs. What this means is that I can no longer use Facebook and I can't Skype or Oovoo. I also can't post pictures online. This really sucks! But the internet is essential for the work we are doing so these are the sacrifices that must be made.
So if you would all be so kind as to not write on my wall or send me messages on facebook as I can't read them and I will miss things, but instead email me at nshore@cmu.ca. And please tell others who maybe don't read my blog to do the same. And if by chance you have the time and you have sent me a facebook message in the last couple of days, I can't receive it so could you put it into an email for me?? Thanks so much I know this sucks for everyone as facebook is so convenient.
I will also get a hold of my mailing adress soon, and then post it as well. I will try to blog as often as possible as well to keep you updated.
Please pray for me as I attempt to go cold turkey off of my facebook addiction!!

3 comments:

  1. I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU DON'T GET TO HAVE OOVOO!!! I was soo looking forward to video chatting with you all the time there! You should find an internet cafe or beat up a rich person and use their internet for an hour.
    Also, I don't know how you are going to do without facebook... I don't know how I would do without it... good luck! I will definitely be praying for you! I love you and I miss you so much!

    - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also... Didn't you know that practicums were only easy if you get MY practicum?!

    -Scott

    ReplyDelete