Thursday, September 10, 2009

Staying Warm

It is soo cold here!! I didn't know Africa got this cold! I was told before I came that it could get chilly so I should pack good warm clothes, but like the cocky Canadian I am, I figured I could take it. So here I am in Africa freezy my little tush off with no warm clothes with which to solve my problems.
I have had to resort to alternative methods of warming myself. Like excersize. Although this has more to do with being able to haul my sorry but up the killer hills they have in this country, than actually staying warm, although it does the trick. However now my sorry little legs can barely walk around my house never mind up a hill!
I also cooked today for some people, and for those who know me well know that this is something I barely do for myself so I was pretty intimidated when I had to cook for others. I kept it simple though and went for some good old spaghetti, which I am pretty sure no one can screw up. It did warm up my house too which is fantastic!
Oh and the wildest thing I have done to stay warm is clean my kitchen floor... on my hands and knees! I know, pretty crazy. I never clean at home. But here I have become sort of a neat freak. Everything is soo dirty here all the time, that I find myself constantly cleaning.
I finally found out my snail mail address. I now expect lots of mail soon!!
PO Box 220
5099
Mthatha
Eastern Cape
South Africa

1 comment:

  1. Way to be a cocky Canadian! Sounds like something that you would do ;) just kidding! It has been surprisingly hot here... but there are still SOOOOO many mosquitos!! It is horrible!
    Exercise is fun. Kelsea and I went running once. But then I haven't been since because I have been busy *cough* lazy *cough* so it has been inconvenient lol.
    Way too be neat! I still haven't cleaned my room. I still have so much crap to unpack and organize... but who would ever believe that? I mean seriously... I am the most organized person ever!

    Thanks for the address!!! I can't wait to write you a LETTER!!!!!!!!!!

    - The Dog

    ReplyDelete