Thursday, September 3, 2009

I have a teal room!!

I am living in a teal bedroom with a purple/blue floor! I love the color but my room is kinda dark because of it, and because of the fact that it is quite a large room lit by one single lightbulb. This house is fantastic! More than I was hoping for. It is brand new, my roomate and I are the first to live here, the floors just got painted yesturday, and there is almost no furniture. All I have in my room is a bed. But more furniture is on the way! Erin (my roomate) and I painted shelves today for our rooms. We each have our own room and bathroom (no I don't have to pee in a hole in the ground. I have a water efficient toilet! CMU would be so proud!), and we share the rest of the house.

Erin is fantastic, she is 23 and also from canada, so that is excting! She has been here for two weeks so she has been showing me around today. We also have a pet dog. She/he (I don't really know) actually belongs to another family that lives here, but has taken to camping out in our doorway. Erin says the dog (named panda) is a really good watch dog and likes to hunt, so it can stay.

Canzibe is just beautiful! There are bananas growing in my front yard!! And there are virtually no bugs, our windows don't even have screens! Infact I don't know if they close completely...

I the morning in Mthatha getting supplies with Johann. What a hectic city!! Today was aparently a slow day and It was like a crazy saturday before christmas at the mall!! But I was able to find everything I needed which is reassuring.
And soo many new things, but they will have to be part of a different post.
p.s. this post was supposed to be filled with pictures but none of the other ones would work and I am sick of trying. So for tonight all you get is Panda and the view out my front door. I will add the rest of the house at another time.

3 comments:

  1. YAY FOR TOILETS!!!!!
    I'm so very relieved to hear this!!
    LOVE YOU
    so excited for you!
    oh, and i miss you.
    xXOoOOXoXXxxoxoOOo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fun, Nan. I think I might be jealous. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool picture Nan, you should be a photographer when you grow up :) good to see your there safe and sound hoping your work falls into place and everything is exiting and good this way the time will go by fast

    ReplyDelete