Monday, December 14, 2009

Final Week Before the Holidays

Not much to report today, life is pretty normal right now. I am in Mdumbi just doing some last minute things before I leave for Namibia on Thursday.
This weekend I had a meeting with my Microfinance group. I meet with them once a month so that they can pay back their loans and talk about any issues that they might be having with their businesses. I know almost nothing about business so I am really not much help to them but at least most of them are now coming and paying regularly.
Today I help Mama Nomxolisi in her restaurant. Well it used to be a restaurant, now it is more of a shabeen. But with a little bit of washing and a few cooking lessons it could be a resaurant! Now we all know I can't cook, so I didn't help her with that. But I gave her some other pointers and made a measuring cup for her so that she could actually measure her ingredients and cook proper food. It was fun to do something different for a day and talk about something other than home based care.
Tomorrow is the Siyakhula Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVCs) Christmas Party. Because I am the HBC coordinator for Transcape, Lindelwa, the leader of Siyakhula HBC asked me to come and speak on behalf of Transcape. I have no idea what I will say, but it will probably be short and sweet.
Then Wednesday is a public holiday. I don't know which one, but I have the day off so we are going to the beach!! Hopefully the weather is nice! It has been really rainy here lately. But this weekend was so nice so there is hope!
Then Thursday I leave for Namibia!! I am so pumped! My plans for the first weekend there aren't completely finalized yet, but plans will be made and it will be so cool to be away for a while and see another part of th world. Everyone keeps telling me how beautiful Namibia is so I am excited to see it.

1 comment:

  1. HEY Nan,
    I hope you have a wonderful holiday time. We said goodbye to the Beukes yesterday at church and gave them a "little something" for you. We miss you and hope your Christmas is awesome.
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete