It has been an internetless week for me. We ran out of data a week ago and we just got it back today. Yay!!
This weekend without internet has been a lot of fun though. On Saturday I got the day away that I needed when a few of us went to Coffee Bay for the day to try and dig up some guests for the backpackers as it is a slow season here. Our mission was not so successful, but we did have a lot of fun and met some great people who live in the area.
On sunday it rained all day so we set up the projector in the church and watched movies and did crafts.
Last night we had a Fairytale Feast in the forest. We hung decorations and lanterns in the trees and dressed up like fairytale characters. It was a lot of fun. We made a rule that we weren't allowed to talk about work so we sat around the fire, listened to great music and ate lots of wonderful food.
Life at Tata Spargs' is going really well. One of their nieces has come to stay with them and work with us so that has been really nice. Her english is really good which has been not so good for my xhosa, however it has really helped us get work done. They have really taken me in. This weekend I was staying at Mdumbi looking after Johann's dog because he was away and on Monday morning Tata Spargs' came to find me because he was worried that I was sick or something because he hadn't seen me and I had forgotten to tell them I was staying away.
Today it is back to work. After a week without internet the emails have piled up and when I came back to the office there was a cockroach in my water bottle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a good weekend my dear. Glad you got some time away.
ReplyDelete